What is ATDA?
Why We're Different
* Max student population of 200 and average class size of less than 20
* Monday through Thursday regular schedule with available Friday School
* Bussing available from the Westside (contact school for more info)
* Technological instruction driven by two full computer labs
* Personalized Education Plans for all students that are self-paced
* Cutting-edge technology including SMART Boards
* Safe school environment including cameras in every classroom
* Flag Football, Soccer, Basketball, and Volleyball sports teams
* Active Student Council and Parent Advisory Council
* Social events such as Homecoming, Prom, and Fall Carnival
* Exciting electives, including Art, Philosophy, Ethnic Studies, and more
* Available tutoring and credit recovery courses
* Dual Credit partnerships with CNM and UNM
* AdvancED accreditation
2007: ATDSCS opens at its original site at the Double Eagle Airport.
2008: ATDSCS moves to its current site near Coors and I-40.
2009: ATDSCS implements many new programs, including sports and school dances.
2011: ATDSCS becomes a nationally accredited high school.
2012: ATDSCS's charter is renewed for an additional five years through APS. The school changes its name to ATDA.
2013: ATDA adds 50 new computers and 60 new tablets to the campus as the first steps of a major technical upgrade.
2014: ATDA enters its seventh year of successful operation.
2015: ATDA adds two new buildings to accommodate increasing enrollment and new programs.
2017: ATDA adds new signage, a guard building, and other facility improvements in preparation for an eleventh year of operation.
2018: ATDA's charter is officially renewed for another five years of operation.
2019: ATDA purchases 170 Chromebooks for students and upgrades all SMART Boards to cutting-edge models in preparation for increased online learning.
2021: ATDA returns to in-person learning amidst the COVID-19 pandemic with protocols in place. To provide maximum flexibility for students, online classes remain available.