ATDA accepts students from throughout the greater Albuquerque area, including its surrounding vicinities, for Grades 9-12. Open enrollment is advertised throughout the year, allowing students to enroll while vacancies exist, or to go into a fair and open lottery when ATDA reaches its target total population of 200 students. Students will be issued a number, and once the 201st student enrolls, the lottery takes effect. Note that, per SB51, schools must give enrollment preference to children of employees of the charter school.
Please call the ATDA office at (505) 836-8646 to schedule an appointment to register, or for further information on enrollment.
Once a student is accepted to ATDA, they will be allowed to enroll using Synergy's ParentVUE service. Be aware that students will NOT be allowed to enroll unless all required documents are on file; it is recommended that you bring copies of these documents to your introductory meeting so that there is no delay in the registration process.
Required documents include:
1) A copy of a birth certificate
2) A copy of an up-to-date immunization schedule or exemption (NEW requirements for 2023-2024; please see links below)
3) Proof of residency in the state of New Mexico (Current Gas or Electric Utility Bill, Mortgage Statement, or Lease Agreement)
4) A copy of an official withdraw from the previous high school (This INCLUDES incoming 9th Graders, who must give notice of withdraw to their neighborhood/feeder high school)
5) [IF APPLICABLE] A copy of official transcripts from any high schools attended outside of Albuquerque Public Schools
6) [IF APPLICABLE] Any IEP documents or other special education forms
ATDA enrollment policy prohibits discrimination on the basis of disability, race, creed, color, gender, national origin, religion, ancestry or need for special education services. ATDA will make every effort to inform the public about the registration process. E-mail our registrar using the address below for more information about our registration and admission processes.
Registrar: Herman Garcia